Being used

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Codisgodcx
Awesomeness Quotient: I have green eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bi-curious

Being used

Unread post by Codisgodcx »

the past few relationships I've been in have been very complicated, and sex driven. How can I stop this from happening? Other than just saying no, of course. I want to be in a relationship where sex isn't necessary.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Being used

Unread post by Heather »

Can I ask what you're saying to people you're dating about what you want before either of you initiates anything sexual?

It might also help to get a clearer picture of this pattern: who is initiating sex, and what kinds of conversations and actions are going on when they do? When you are talking about what you want, how is that going? When you are setting limits, how do you feel they're being received? What is it that has you feeling used?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Codisgodcx
Awesomeness Quotient: I have green eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bi-curious

Unread post by Codisgodcx »

We never really talk about sex beforehand unless they spark the conversation. And I usually tell them about how I feel on the matter; it's unnecessary for our relationship to be based around sex. Most guys don't mind this though.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi codisgod,

Can you describe then how you go from a situation of having set the limit or explained what you do and do not want from the relationship to a place where you feel like you're being used? Also, just so I am clear, is it that you're not interested in sex period? Or that you don't want to be in a relationship where sex is the primary focus?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic