Break up now or wait 1 week?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
cantul15

Break up now or wait 1 week?

Unread post by cantul15 »

I'm pretty sure that I need to breakup with my boyfriend. He hasn't done anything wrong, but I don't feel the same way about him as he does about me. It sucks but I need to move on for now.

He is currently home alone for a week. Should I wait until he is not alone to break up? Or do it now to stop dragging it out. I hate pretending but i don't want him to be alone and going through this.
Emma
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of travel and exploration!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Don't use any :)

Re: Break up now or wait 1 week?

Unread post by Emma »

Hi, cantul15. Does your boyfriend have a history of self-harm or other behaviors that you think might endanger him or other people if you were to break up with him right now? If so, then maybe waiting until he has a source of support and supervision would be a considerate idea. If not, I'd say breaking up with him right away would not be a problem. If you need any help with how to do that, feel free to ask!
"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better." — Haruki Murakami
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic