I need help with Sexting

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
hereforhelp
Awesomeness Quotient: I know everything but understand nothing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

I need help with Sexting

Unread post by hereforhelp »

I have been married for 13 years now. She’s the only woman I have been with. I wanted to introduce sexting with my wife but I know I suck at it. Whenever I start, she shuts it down because she gets bored. I wanted to know how I can start, what all I can include and what not to do.Any tips would be appreciated.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I need help with Sexting

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi hereforhelp,

The thing is, we can't give you any specific tips for sexting that are guaranteed to be things your wife enjoys, in the same way we can't recommend one sexual position that everyone will find pleasurable. What people do and don't enjoy as part of sexual interactions are highly, highly varied, so the person who can tell you how to make this more enjoyable for your wife is, well, your wife. If you need some advice on how to have that conversation, this article is a great starting place: Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

I do want to say that, given your age and the fact that this is a long-term marriage, you might find spaces and resources aimed at adults to be the most useful for you. For instance, Emily Nagoski has both a newsletter and a book coming out at the end of this month that contains information and advice on how to maintain an enjoyable sexual relationship for the long haul.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic