Not sure if it’s a date

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Terence
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him

Not sure if it’s a date

Unread post by Terence »

I was over at a friends house and bored, snapping back and forth with a girl who also had some friends over. They were messing around over text and eventually she said do you want to hang out. The next morning I asked if she was serious and she said yes, and then she suggested going go karting or ice skating, which seems date-y. She also asked if I wanted to go with a friend or one on one and we both decided one on one, which again gives me date vibes but I can’t be sure. We left it on deciding where to go, and I was lacking some ideas. Idk if I should ask her straight up to make sure I don’t get the wrong idea or if that will make it awkward if it’s not
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Not sure if it’s a date

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Terence,

I think you could ask. It is mature to make sure you're both on the same page and that there are no misunderstandings.

It might be a good idea to think about your feelings on this subject. Do you want this to be a date, or would you prefer to go as friends?
Terence
not a newbie

Unread post by Terence »

Ok, sounds good.

I think I want this to be a date.
Willa
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I think I am silly and love making ppl laugh
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual woman

Unread post by Willa »

Hi Terence,

One option, like Latha touched on, would be to clarify before hand by being honest with your feelings. Sometimes this can be scary so another possibility would be to take things slower and hang out and either at the end of the hang or after (if you enjoyed yourself and felt it went well) say that you had a good time and would be interested in going on a date. Good luck and have fun!
Terence
not a newbie

Unread post by Terence »

I decided to ask prior and she asked what it wanted to be, and we both agreed on a date.

Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic