cannot orgasm due to anti-depressant

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
hydrangea
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Lesbian

cannot orgasm due to anti-depressant

Unread post by hydrangea »

I have been masturbating often and regularly, and I enjoy it. However, lately, I have been having difficulties in reaching orgasm. I did some research, and some websites say that anti-depressants can make orgasm difficult. I have recently, indeed, taken anti-depressants.

Sometimes I skip a day or two because I get so frustrated that I can't orgasm, but even so, to orgasm is still very hard; I have to touch myself for at least 2 hours before I can climax (before, usually, it only took me 1 hour maximum).

I can't tell my mom that I'm having this issue because obviously, I don't want her to know that I've been masturbating. She's not at all open-minded about sex. But I really want to be able to enjoy masturbating again...:c
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: cannot orgasm due to anti-depressant

Unread post by Heather »

This is a pretty common issue. The good news is that depression often makes it even more difficult than treatments for depression do, and an adjustment to your medication -- or a switch to a different formulation -- might solve this for you.

Can you either call in to your prescribing physician or get an appointment with them so you can ask them about this?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic