Disability and sexuality

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Disability and sexuality

Unread post by Redskies »

Originally posted by me, Redskies, on the old boards here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimat ... 14472.html Do pop over and read the lovely and broad discussion already there, too!

A thread to share our experiences of sexuality and disability.

Does your disability affect how you think about sex or how you think about yourself as a sexual being? How do you work around any difficulties or barriers per having the kinds of sex you want to have? Do you think there's anything that you experience differently, whether that's physical or psychological, than people without your disability? What kinds of messages have you got from the world around you about your sexuality, and sex, as a disabled person? How has finding partners or pursuing relationships gone for you?

Feel free to talk about any or none of those things, and anything else!

If you consider yourself to have a difference rather than a disability, as some Deaf people and some folk on the autistic spectrum do, you're also totally included here if you'd like to contribute.

Non-disabled people who have a disabled partner are welcome to contribute, but please stick with a disabled person's perspective - for example, things that your partner has said to you or asked of you, or things that you've figured out together. Of course, please respect your partner's privacy!

(If you have a specific question, you'll probably find it more practical to start a new thread so that we can clearly see your question and respond to it in its own space :) .)
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.