First Vib..

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Ginger!!
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

First Vib..

Unread post by Ginger!! »

Hey scarleteen!! Today I got my first vibrator & I don’t know what to think! I tried her out & my expectations were honestly a little crushed. I’m wondering if it was possible that I temporarily numbed my clit before it could feel good? I’ve always used my fingers & I have never had trouble finishing! So I’m just wondering if maybe my body is just adjusting to this new change? And that once I figure the settings out & find my groove maybe it will feel better? I don’t mind it taking time I was just super excited to try it out, & when I didn’t get the results I wanted it obviously frustrated me!
So tonight I went ahead & tried again, & it was better! I think honestly my clit is just super overstimulation & I need to find the setting that best fits me! I went into this knowing I would have to experiment & I’m fully willing to! Do you guys have any tips to make this process a little more enjoyable? And do you have any tips that would help my clit last longer during these sessions with my vibrator? I really want to make this work, & I am truly aware that everyone is different so I really just need to focus on my experiences instead of other peoples

Thank ya! xx
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: First Vib..

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Ginger!

A vibrator can offer a different kind of sensation to the kind your fingers do, so you may just need to experiment a little to find the best way to use it. You're right that using a vibrator might feel better after your body adjusts, and you figure out the settings and find your groove.

It is possible that the intensity of the vibrations caused the overstimulation or numbness in your clit. So, regarding tips I could give you... using the vibrator over your clothes, or keeping the vibrator at a lower intensity may help you last longer and keep you from feeling overstimulated. You could also try to take breaks to touch other parts of your body as well. Using lube can be helpful if you are not feeling lubricated enough.
StephR
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm great at solving riddles!
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by StephR »

Hi Ginger,

I agree with Latha that using the vibrator through your underwear or a blanket or towel is a good way to prevent overstimulation. Some people also prefer to use vibrators on top of the clitoral hood--although not everyone has the anatomy to do this. Also, many people find that they are more sensitive on different parts of the clitoris and vulva. For example, the left side of the clit might be more sensitive than the right side or vice versa. Experimenting with using the vibrator on different places is a good way to find out what works for you.
Ginger!!
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by Ginger!! »

Thank you so much for the tips! I’ve found that using lube & sliding the vibrator up & down my clit feels best, especially compared to keeping it still. The build up is really nice but the orgasm it’s self it kind of weak. Still good, but i was just wondering if there are only tips revolving around that topic, that you guys could provide? I know that’s a hard question because everybody is different, but maybe just some general tips for a bigger “O” ?
Thanks again, I really appreciate it!
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Like you said, everybody is different, so how--or if--someone can increase the intensity of their orgasm varies a lot. The biggest piece of advice I has is to give yourself lots of permission to experiment, not only with different movements, paces, etc during masturbation, but also with different fantasies, since what our brain is engaged in during masturbation really influences our experience of it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic