i want to get a sex toy

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
elilieeli
Pronouns: he/him

i want to get a sex toy

Unread post by elilieeli »

okay this is really embarrassing to type :cry: but i want to get a sex toy. the thing is, i'm not old enough to get one on my own, and i don't know anyone who could get one for me. the only thing i can think of doing is asking my parents but i dont wanna weird them out.. im only 14 (almost 15) so i dont think asking for these types of things is very "appropriate" at my age

i would use something at home too, but there's nothing here. my fingers don't work for me so i cant really use them \:( but then theres nothing else. like i guess i have hairbrushes and stuff but i don't have any sort of condoms or lubricant (which now that i'm thinking abt it may be a reason why fingers don't feel good) the closest thing i have to a condom is the blue medical glove things, and i dunno if they're safe to use

im really scared to ask but idk what to do. pluys i have no money and they are so expensive :cry: :cry:
StephR
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm great at solving riddles!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: i want to get a sex toy

Unread post by StephR »

Hi elilieeli,

Check out our D.I.Y. Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition article for ideas about sex toys you can find or make yourself. Also take a look at Lube 101: A Slick Little primer for more info on choosing and acquiring lube.

Also, there are no age restrictions on buying lube or condoms. Many health clinics or LGBTQ resource centers also give away condoms and lube samples for free. Otherwise, there are plenty of affordable and safe options at drug stores.

Latex and nitrile gloves are safe to use for sex. In fact, they're recommended for use for safer partnered sex. You don't want to use the kind of latex gloves that are powdered on the inside, but any other kind will be safe, as long as you aren't allergic to the materials.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic