Anyone used delay spray?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
MarkW
Pronouns: he/him

Anyone used delay spray?

Unread post by MarkW »

I've struggled with premature ejaculation whenever I have sex. My partner is understanding, but I feel disappointed not lasting that long. I'm thinking of using a type of product called delay spray to desensitize myself. I see a few different ones out there like Promescent and Steady Freddy (yeah, weird name lol). Anyone ever used one?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Anyone used delay spray?

Unread post by Heather »

Desensitization creams and sprays are generally not something we advise. Some of them have ingredients that can irritate genital tissue of the user and their partner, but more to the point, we're really here for sex that accepts and honors what people's bodies can and can't do. We just know that approach to leave everyone feeling a lot better about themselves and their bodies, and to create a sexual life with partners where it's really about us as we are, rather than trying to meet other standards. Make sense?

So, if your partner wants a longer period of time, for instance, with things your penis can do, when your penis can't do those things or can't at a certain point, how about instead using things like a toy or your hands to duplicate those kinds of sensations?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic