Does it count as sexaule assult if you touch someone's butt or breast with something that isn't your hand?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Rachel 1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Im kind and good at drawing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She or her
Sexual identity: Female

Does it count as sexaule assult if you touch someone's butt or breast with something that isn't your hand?

Unread post by Rachel 1 »

It just stressed me out wondering or thinking that I touched my mothers breast with something I was holding because I thought about doing it or wanted to do its just werid to want to sexaully assault her because that's my mother. I do have ocd and having sexaule thoughts are apart of ocd so it can be apart of my ocd of why I thought about seaxlly assaulting someone or wondering if it happened. I wouldn't ever sexaully assult anyone even if I think of doing it ive read it seems like a silly prank for the fact that I touched my sisters bum with my foot that time she was sitting on foot when I was worried about that being sexaule assult. So is that situation with my mother a prank if I didn't actually grab her breast with my Hand?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Does it count as sexaule assult if you touch someone's butt or breast with something that isn't your hand?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Rachel 1,

While sexual assault can technically be committed by someone using an object on the other person, things like accidental touches between people aren't considered sexual assault. That's because part of sexual assault is about intent; choosing to override someone else's consent for the sake of your own desires.

Have you and your therapist talked about managing how your OCD might interact with sexual thoughts or fears? I ask because I think you're right that your OCD is at play here, in that one way that can manifest is through us thinking or fearing that we've done something awful even when there's no evidence of it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic