I feel bad about masterbating at home?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
CatMatRat99
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i really like my music
Primary language: english!
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pan/trans mtf

I feel bad about masterbating at home?

Unread post by CatMatRat99 »

I never have any time to masturbate at home because my family is out of the house mabye once or twice a week at the most without me so I can be home alone. But the problem is I masturbate 2-4 times a day usely and I feel terrible because sometime they might even be on the same floor as me! Like when my doors closed no matter what I try my bed creaks or if my younger brother is two doors down on his iPad with his headphones on I would usely go to the bathroom down the hall and turn the fan on but I still feel wrong I feel like I don't have enough alone time and that makes me sad. Also sometimes when I'm on another floor or not in the same room as someone in my house (not even family) I still veiw adult content I don't masterbate but it still feels wrong
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I feel bad about masterbating at home?

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there.

Can you talk to me a little bit about why this feels "wrong" to you? Like, what's wrong about masturbating with other people in the same home or building as you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
CatMatRat99
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i really like my music
Primary language: english!
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pan/trans mtf

Unread post by CatMatRat99 »

I dunno I guess like they might now I'm doing it and if I knew my parents or brother where doing it I would probably be uncomfortable and I wouldnt want them to be uncomfortable
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi CatMatRat99,

Would it help to think about the fact that, if we share a living space or building with other people, there are always going to be times where we're in the same building as someone doing something that makes us uncomfortable? Going to the bathroom is an obvious one, but there are other things people do in private that we'd probably prefer not to think about, you know? Part of figuring out how to live in same space as other people--something we all have to do at some point, and many of us will do for lots of years of our lives--is learning how to ignore or put that out of our minds.

All that is to say that as long as you're taking steps to keep masturbation quiet and private, you're not doing anything wrong by doing it in a building where other people are. You're doing what you can to make sure it doesn't disturb anyone, and odds are pretty good that anyone else in the house is busy with their own stuff, including things that make noise, to analyze what might be going on in your room.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic