lack of sexual desire

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
m2222
Pronouns: she/they

lack of sexual desire

Unread post by m2222 »

hi everyone, im new here f(23)

like the title says, that is my issue. i do get aroused but it is very rare that i want to do anything. i've had a few relationships and i feel like i always had to push myself to do stuff for their enjoyment. like i was just participating but getting nothing out of it. since - i feel like penetration does nothing for me whatsoever. i dont feel anything when i masturbate (yes, even with toys). i took a sex and gender class so i know its a myth that penetration is not the end all be all to sex but i just cant seem to find anything at all that works for me. which at the same time goes back to my title because im not really interested in sex in the first place because nothing works
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: lack of sexual desire

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi m2222,

Since it sounds like you little to no interest in pursuing sexual things, including masturbation, are there reasons you keep trying to push past that disinterest? For instance, is it that you're trying to act on the moments when you do feel a lot of arousal and desire and finding that still isn't fun for you? Or are you doing things even when you're not interested in them because there's something making you feel like you "should" be doing that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic