This is about Orgasms and about the vagina

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Rachel 1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Im kind and good at drawing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She or her
Sexual identity: Female

This is about Orgasms and about the vagina

Unread post by Rachel 1 »

i get this feeling in my abdomen that feels similar to a tingly feeling, and I breath a certain way that I did call it breathing heavily or my heart can be beating fast. and i have this strong feeling that is inside me which I thought could be the uterus contracting while I'm masterbating, and it isn't a strong pleasureable feeling inside me ethier. It also feels like the vagina is moving down there my genitals feel good after im done masterbating, if I was fingering myself I think it does feel like the vagina is moving which can be a contraction. im not judging when i ask why do other people get anal contractions? Its just that i don't get anal contractions the reason for why I made this post was because I wanted to know if what im having was a orgasm or if its something else im experiencing. What i wanted to know about my vagina why does it feels like my vagina is moving or doing this twiching thing? I wasn't masterbating when that happens so why does my vagina feel like is opening sometimes? is it true that a climax and orgasm is different that's another reason why I wanted to know if its a orgasm and why is a internal orgasm a intense pleasure feeling for others but not for me? Its just contractions or could be breathing heavily does that still count as a orgasm or is it a climax?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: This is about Orgasms and about the vagina

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Rachel 1,

So, climax is just a term some people use as a synonym for orgasm. They refer to the same thing, so if you're having one, you're having the other. Can you clarify for me what you mean when you say internal orgasm? Do you mean an orgasm that happens because of some kind of stimulation inside the vaginal canal, rather than the outside? Or do you mean something else?

Part of you might feel like your vagina is moving is that it is! The vagina is a muscle, which means it can do things like tense and relax (the same is true for the area around the anus). When we're feeling aroused, the upper third of the vaginal canal also expands and loosens a bit, which might explain that "open" feeling. Even if someone isn't actively masturbating, they may experience arousal that sets off that change.

If you're curious about what orgasm generally feels like or involves, this article goes into that in more detail: Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide
Rachel 1
not a newbie

What i meant by internal orgasm is a orgasm thats inside the vagina I've read that orgasms can be different for everyone so it doesn't have to always be pleasureable especially if some people may find it uncomfortable or painful. I think my point is if the internal orgasm was said to be harder to achieve than clitoral the fact that internal orgasms seem like it takes a long time to achieve can mean I had a orgasm. I did explain I have this strong feeling in me that could be something squeezing or contracting which can be the uterus since it feels like that feeling is where my stomach is. Another example is I might feel lightheaded or dizzy after it happens or I breath heavily everytime honestly I think it can actually be discomfort or not comfortable more than it being pleasureable. I guess it could feel good on the vagina at the same time and i feel my vaginas moving its not necessarily waves of pleasure on the body. I just hope what I explained was a orgasm because it would be disappointing if it isnt the big o.
Last edited by Rachel 1 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rachel 1
not a newbie

I just wanted to add my friend said it doesn't feel like her vagina opens when I asked her so does that only happen to some people if there aroused? And I think it only happens sometimes like I don't always get that tingly feeling in my abdomen so why do I only get that feeling sometimes when I'm masterbating? Can breathing heavily be apart of a orgasm too because I've read breathing louder was apart of being aroused but it also feels like there's contractions around the genitals and i feel lightheaded so that's why I think it can a real orgasm plus it happens way more than once so I think I can have multiple orgasms but it still isn't easy it takes a long time to have a orgasm even if its only clitoral.
Rachel 1
not a newbie

why exactly is it hard to explain a orgasm is it because its different for everyone or is it just hard to explain that intense pleasureable feeling? why is it different for everyone? I can explain it from all the signs of what i explained that i thought could definitely be a orgasm from what I've read on Google. it wasn't that difficult to explain for me i know from a video about women explaining what a climax felt like for them it definitely seems similar to what I described so thats how I know that the signs of a orgasm on Google was true. I didn't have to keep reapeting what I thought can be a real orgasm on these post because it just makes it seem like im trying so hard to convince you but I just wanted to know if what i explained was a real orgasm from your own honest opinion. sorry if all the post are too many sentences or to long to read by the way I just wanted to keep writing more to the situation about orgasms I think if im sexaully aroused it doesn't feel like my vagina is opening. so is there another reason why it does that randomly?
Last edited by Rachel 1 on Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, Rachel. Were you able to read the link that Sam shared in their response to you? It has a lot of answers to some of the questions you're asking here. I'm happy to help you some more today, but it'd be super helpful if you could read that first, just so that I don't have to effectively type the same thing here that I wrote there. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I would also suggest reading this piece afterward, especially since it says more about how orgasm -- and so much of sexual response -- it really about the brain and central nervous system, not our genitals, which act more like one of a number of possible conduits to the brain and central nervous system.

With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body[/b]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Rachel 1
not a newbie

I think I have read some of what it talked about for orgasms on that link that sam sent to me but it was way too long so I didn't want to read all of it.
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi Rachel 1,

I hope it's okay that I'm jumping in here! We send these articles because almost all of the questions you asked can be effectively answered just by reading them, and if you have any further questions after reading them, we can certainly try to answer them. As Heather mentioned, we'd just be rewriting what was said in the piece. I think it's important to take the time to read since you seem very curious about this topic and we have such educational resources ready to help you learn.
Rachel 1
not a newbie

About the link for stages of orgasms

I just wanted to let you know after I read the link it does seem like a orgasm for some of the examples explained with contractions and changes in breathing I generally feel less interested in masterbating after which is the resolution stage I notice the orgasm does feel different everyday sometimes I get tingles on my abdomen or changes with the amount if time it happens each day and it feels like its way more than it feeling good on the genitals of why I like the orgasm I read its because of harmonic change that makes me like the orgasm.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Rachel,

I'm glad the article helped! I just want to mention that Sam replied to you in Re: Is the hymen suposed to make you feel good?. Would you read her response and tell us what you think?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic