Diapers + Other gross kinks (Is it okay for a 14 year old to have these?)

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
FluffyKitty
Awesomeness Quotient: Identity and Self
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Anything and Everything

Diapers + Other gross kinks (Is it okay for a 14 year old to have these?)

Unread post by FluffyKitty »

So lately I've been further exploring weird and wild fetishes on the internet. In just a span of three years, I managed to gain a good sixty fetishes... is that too many?

But anyways, the main question. Are any of the following fetishes okay for someone who's only fourteen to be into?
- Diapers
- Scat / mess (yknow, feces) kink
- Piss
- Farting
- Musk
- Basically... every kink that is wet, messy, or smelly.

And, another question. Is it morally right to roleplay this kind of stuff with other people who are the same age as me?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Diapers + Other gross kinks (Is it okay for a 14 year old to have these?)

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi FluffyKitty,

One quick note before we dive into the meat of your question: a fetish generally refers to something that where are person can only experience sexual arousal or satisfaction if it's present. So a person can't really have sixty fetishes; at that point, we're just talking about interests or things they're curious about trying.

When it comes to whether or not those interests are okay, when we're talking purely about fantasy, there aren't really "bad" fantasies; there are just the things we enjoy thinking about, including during masturbation. Our fantasies live in our brains, and so they don't carry any of the risks for ourselves or other people that the same activity might in real life.

Exploring those fantasies with other people is much, much more complicated. It's not inherently immoral to do those sexual activities with a partner. But what you're talking about are sexual activities that adults often need a lot of skill and practice in terms of talking about boundaries, safety, and preferences. At fourteen, you likely haven't had many, if any, chances to practice sexual communication with a partner, and it wouldn't be sound of us to advise you on how to do things that it's difficult for adults to do safely. So if you're considering exploring any of this with another person, I'd suggest taking several, big steps back and focus instead on figuring out whether you're ready for sex, period: Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist. Does that make sense?
FluffyKitty
Awesomeness Quotient: Identity and Self
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Anything and Everything

Unread post by FluffyKitty »

Yep, thank you! Forgot the difference between kink and fetish, meant to put kink there, not fetish.

Thanks for the info. I've read the article and should probably wait a few more years before doin' all that... heh.
Last edited by FluffyKitty on Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi FluffyKitty,

I'm glad that the article was helpful! It's always good to do check-in's about what things we are or are not ready for, especially when it comes to sex.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic