Broken clit??

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
emmy09
Awesomeness Quotient: I read a lot
Primary language: English and French
Pronouns: she/he
Sexual identity: I am bisexual

Broken clit??

Unread post by emmy09 »

Hello! I've been masturbating for about three years and I've noticed that I weirdly don't feel that much pleasure when I rub my clitoris. I've looked at pictures of vulvas to locate it so it's definitely not an issue of not touching the right place, but I still think it's strange. I've tried penetration with a hairbrush and it feels nice, but sometimes I want to enhance the experience so I rub my clit, but I hardly feel much. I tried pressing hard but it didn't really change anything. I don't think it's a medical issue because I'm very healthy and I don't have a bad diet. I'm starting to feel like the only person in the world with this issue since I've tried looking for answers and nothing popped up. Did anything like this ever happen to you? How did you resolve it? Is there anything I can do to sensibilize my clit more? P.S: I'm sorry if this wasn't written very well, English isn't my first language.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Broken clit??

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi emmy09,

One thing I can tell you from my years doing this work is that you're far from the first person to experience something like this. The clitoris is often presented as being the most pleasurable part oft he genitals to have touched, but the reality is that bodies and people are more varied than that. Some people do get a lot of pleasure from it, but others find it's too sensitive to be touched much, and others--like you--find that touching it doesn't feel like much.

Can you give me a sense of whether there are parts of masturbation that do feel really good to you? Or does it all feel pretty underwhelming or boring?
emmy09
Awesomeness Quotient: I read a lot
Primary language: English and French
Pronouns: she/he
Sexual identity: I am bisexual

Unread post by emmy09 »

Hey, thanks for the answer! I enjoy penetration and rubbing my vulva as a whole, but I just don't seem to feel particularly satisfied when I rub my clitoris. Now that you've mentionned it, I realize that there are some times that it feels slightly boring. Sometimes I want to get off, but it feels bland if I don't look myself in the mirror or wearing provocative clothing. I don't know if this is the response that you were hoping for, but if you can give me more insight, I'd appreciate it!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Thanks for those details! So, it doesn't sound like there's anything wrong; it just sounds like you're learning that touching your clitoris doesn't feel like much but that other parts of your genitals are pleasurable to bring into masturbation.

Too, if you're finding masturbation boring, one thing that help you feel more engaged in it is to really connect with your fantasies. You can read all about that here: How to Approach Sexual Fantasy and Desire on Your Own Terms
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic