Looking for advice about anal sex

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
HereAndQueer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: bisexual

Looking for advice about anal sex

Unread post by HereAndQueer »

So my girlfriend wants to try anal sex for the first time and given that its the first for both of us I'm asking for some advice. I feel fairly confident in managing lube and like preparation, but I'm specifically struggling to find advice around toys. I don't have a penis so we are talking about using a strap or some other toy, and I cannot find advice about where to shop or what to look for when it comes to first toy/strap for anal sex. Any and all advice is really appreciated <3
Logan W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I play roller derby and love to skate outside!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Lesbian, queer, demiromantic

Re: Looking for advice about anal sex

Unread post by Logan W »

Hi HereAndQueer,

Welcome to the boards!

From what I understand, you are looking for a toy for trying anal sex for the first time and that you've done the research on lube and other preparation. There are a couple of toys I would recommend right away, anal plugs and dildos. For dildos, I would recommend something smaller to try out. Anal plugs also come in a range of sizes and I would recommend trying a smaller one to start out with. Do you have any independent sex toy shops where you live? I ask because it is typically helpful to see toys in person. If not, Spectrum Boutique is a great online shop (and a great resource too - they have lots of articles and information regarding toys).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic