bringing up sex with my gf...?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Ciaraj
Awesomeness Quotient: I am artistic
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/They
Sexual identity: Lesbian/Dyke

bringing up sex with my gf...?

Unread post by Ciaraj »

hi! so i've been dating this girl for about a month now and shes wonderful?? i can trust her with pretty much anything and i love her a lot. the one thing i feel. weird about talking to her about is sex!! we are ldr but are likely going to attend the same college next year and i really do wanna have sex at some point if she wants, but sometimes i just idk. want to talk to her about it before and/or maybe be able to sext?? idk! and its not like we haven’t talked about sex we just... haven’t talked about our own sexual preferences and stuff. i feel a little awkward about bringing it up though i love her very mucc and i know she wont judge me and if any of us are uncomfy we communicate but still... im just a little embarrassed and lost on how to bring it up to her!!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: bringing up sex with my gf...?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Ciaraj,

Talking with a partner about sexual wants and boundaries before sex is even on the table is an awesome idea! If you're looking for some starting places, these two articles are great tools: Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner, Yes, No, Maybe So: A Sexual Inventory Stocklist.

If you or she would prefer something a little more visual, this zine is also an awesome starting place: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/rela ... een_zine_0
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic