Chance of Pregnancy or STI?

Questions and discussion about pregnancy, pregnancy options and/or any part of parenting.
Forum rules
IF YOU ARE POSTING TO ASK IF YOU SHOULD USE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION:

Please do not wait on us if you may need or want EC (like the morning-after pill). Because it is most effective the sooner it is taken or administered, we suggest that you go ahead and get it, and if you want to talk to someone about whether or not you choose to use it, we can do that with you after. That way, you have it ASAP if you do decide you want or need to use it. <3
lilybrown
Pronouns: she/her

Chance of Pregnancy or STI?

Unread post by lilybrown »

Hi! I'm 20 yrs old and me and my boyfriend were experimenting regarding sex. We had oral sex (without condom) and then had rubbed our genitals together (with condom). Is there any chance of pregnancy or STI? I know condoms are 98% effective but I'm still a bit worried...
Andy
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Chance of Pregnancy or STI?

Unread post by Andy »

Hi and welcome to the boards lilybrown!

As for pregnancy the situation you describe doesn’t pose a pregnancy risk but oral sex without using barriers can create a STI transmission risk. You can find more about both of these in this article, as well as other useful links about safe sex: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Another thing to consider would be if both of you have recently been tested for STIs?
'The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42'
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
lilybrown
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Chance of Pregnancy or STI?

Unread post by lilybrown »

we've been doing oral for quite a while now, and I recently got an HIV test and it was negative. He also told me he hasn't been with anyone but me. thanks for answering my question!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic