what are the odds i get pregnant from fingering ??

Questions and discussion about pregnancy, pregnancy options and/or any part of parenting.
Forum rules
IF YOU ARE POSTING TO ASK IF YOU SHOULD USE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION:

Please do not wait on us if you may need or want EC (like the morning-after pill). Because it is most effective the sooner it is taken or administered, we suggest that you go ahead and get it, and if you want to talk to someone about whether or not you choose to use it, we can do that with you after. That way, you have it ASAP if you do decide you want or need to use it. <3
doorknobby22
Awesomeness Quotient: im gr8 at public speaking
Primary language: english and spanish
Pronouns: she/her but they is ok!
Sexual identity: whoever i find cute ^^

what are the odds i get pregnant from fingering ??

Unread post by doorknobby22 »

so i'm officially 5 days late for my period. and ik that's nothing but ever since i first got my period i have been nothing but consistent with my cycle. i don't even feel any pms symptoms like moodiness or sore boobs or bloating literally nothing.
so like 2 weeks ago i snuck my boyfriend over i gave him a handjob and he came on his fingers then i wiped it with a baby wipe and he fingered me like 20 :?: or so minutes after.
i read that fingering can get u pregnant if there is sperm on the fingers and i've been freaking out because i've never been this late on my period and i mean there is still a slight chance :?
some factors that might be affecting my period is some family friends are over and our fridge broke so im pretty stressed or my eating disorder might be messing with my period.
:arrow: tldr: 5 days late on my period after being consistent my entire life, got fingered. pls lmk what the odds of pregnancy are.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: what are the odds i get pregnant from fingering ??

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there, doorknobby.

Take a look at this piece here, where you can read about what risks fingering and other activities present: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Sounds like you also could stand some accurate information about how pregnancy happens, period, and you'll find that here: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.

You might also want to know that in the first five years of periods, it's actually exceptionally rare to have cycles be very regular for the whole time, and it might well be that hasn't been quite as regular as you remember, especially since in the first year or two of periods, they almost never happen every 28 (or 25, or 32) days every time. In the first year or two, some people will only even get them a handful of times. It can be easy in a freakout to remember things differently.

But even if you have, in fact, been a menstrual unicorn up until now, a period being a few days later than expected is very common and something that will probably happen to you a few times, if not far more, throughout the decades you'll probably have them for.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
doorknobby22
Awesomeness Quotient: im gr8 at public speaking
Primary language: english and spanish
Pronouns: she/her but they is ok!
Sexual identity: whoever i find cute ^^

Unread post by doorknobby22 »

thanks heather!

me and my boyfriend read the articles which both definitely calmed our nerves a lot but i was still very anxious so i took a test and i am not pregnant, i definitely feel a little silly rn for worrying abt it so much lol

abt the period i guess ive probably been overestimating my timeliness with it because im currently 7 days late still don't know why but it really isnt the biggest concern considering some of my friends go months without a period.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi doorknobby22

Glad to hear that those articles were helpful! Honestly, plenty of people go through the same thought process that you did, so you don't need to feel embarrassed.

As Heather mentioned, it isn't unusual for periods to be a bit late (or early) sometimes, especially within the first few years- I wouldn't worry about it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic