worried

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
phantomdog
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm a biology researcher!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he / him
Sexual identity: bi

worried

Unread post by phantomdog »

hi all,
i’d like to start this saying that this isn’t a “am i pregnant?!?!” post because i know that nobody is the pregnancy psychic :-) i’m just askin advice to keep calm and rational

so this month i have not experienced any pms symptoms i normally do and my period is due for tomorrow. after talking to some friends they say the delay could be due to that i’ve recently dramatically changed my diet and now exercise a lot every day by walking, which they said can sometimes mess with the cycle, as well as the fact i’ve been eating a lot of vitamin c lately. i’m just worried because, while i do use condoms every time my partner and i have sex and he pulls out to ejaculate into it, i know things can sometimes go wrong. i know i just have to wait for my period to come (and if it doesn’t come in a week or two i’m going to do a peegnancy test) but in the meantime, does anyone have any tips for me to keep my mind off it / stop being freaked out while i wait? thank you :-)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: worried

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi phantomdog,

Something that might help to know is that some cycle variation is to be expected, and it's not all that strange for a period to arrive a few days earlier or later than expected. There are many reasons why a period may be late (an abrupt change to more exercise is one of them) that you can read about here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Beyond that, this is a time to dig into those self-care tools to help distract you from your worries about this while you wait: Self-Care a La Carte
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic