Break Between BC Packs

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
cj4289
not a newbie
Pronouns: her

Break Between BC Packs

Unread post by cj4289 »

Is it more effective to take a shorter break between birth control packs. So instead of taking the full seven days, and starting a new pack on the eighth, id wait 4-5 days before restarting. I really don't like waiting the full 7, the pressure of starting on the eighth day or no protection is nerve racking.

Would this affect my period? I've been on the pill 3 months, and while I am regular my periods have changed alot. They are extremely light, and even differ in consistency. Fully missing a period would make me worry about pregnancy, even though I know that is not uncommon on birth control.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Break Between BC Packs

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, CJ. :)

No, shorter breaks won't give you less protection (but taking a break longer than 7 days would). If you find out that you are still worried about the efficiency of your BC, you can always add another method such as condoms, which is always super helpful. :)

Keep in mind that because you are on a break it doesn't mean your protection is on a break too. Here you can have more info about this: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... ebo_period
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic