Android App to track your period

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
unchained
not a newbie
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Asexual/Biromantic

Android App to track your period

Unread post by unchained »

I would like to begin by apologising if this is the wrong board to ask about this.

I went to see a gynaecologist because I had two very abnormal periods (both as in the date they came and the amount of blood I lost). She had me have an ultrasound which showed a small cyst in one of my ovaries.

My gynaecologist told me not to worry because it was a very small cyst and it could be that it would reabsorb itself. And that maybe my irregular periods didn't have to do with it but with the fact my endocrinologist prescribed me with 50 mg Levothyroxine every morning to threat a thyroids problem.

She told me to chart my periods to observe the irregularities for a while before deciding on any other studies or a treatment.

Now, I generally calculated the date for my next period by counting days and paying attention to my skin. But after I had a brain surgery when I was 18 that removed a cyst from above my pineal gland, I no longer have epic acne eruptions around the middle of the menstrual cycle. Also, I'm a disaster at writing down things and tend to loose papers and calendars a lot.

So I heard about this Android App to chart your period: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... odcalendar

I know it's available in several languages... My app store is in Spanish but I suppose it's recognisable by the screenshots.

My question is: has anyone used it over here? Did you find it useful?

It uses your weight variations, body temperature, amount of bleeding, how long the period lasted and when it came, the amount of vaginal discharge, skin changes, and your mood among other things to predict your next period and your ovulation and fertile days.
"So how far did you go for shelter?
How long did it take you to find,
a place to sell your providence
and a harm peace of mind?"

- Shinedown, "I'm Alive."
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Android App to track your period

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, unchained. :)

I had not personally used that app and don't have any good info about it but I wanted you to know someone saw your post (and it appears in english when I open it, btw), and that when someone who has some experience around it comes they would probably say something more.

In the meantime, what I can say is that if you chart your basal temperature and cervical mucus (with this app or with another), then you can say you are charting the way it is supposed to be. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic