Birth control late

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
ilovemattyhealy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My ability to make people happy. :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Birth control late

Unread post by ilovemattyhealy »

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for helping the last time, you all were very helpful. :D I've got another question for you, this one is reeeeally important. So I take my birth control pill everyday at 8pm. I've never missed a day, and I've been on it for 5 almost 6 months. I'm on vacation and somehow It totally slipped my mind to take it. Here it is now 1:30 am and I'm talking it and I'm wondering how bad is this and what the side effects are. Some other important stuff is I'm not currently partaking in things that cause pregnancy EX: Vaginal intercourse lol. I am though involved in "sexual activities" that aren't listed as pregnancy causing on this website. I'm not using birth control as a contraceptive only as a solution to horrific period cramps. Also I'm on a low dose as my gynecologist states. Thank you!! Any replies are appreciated. :)
taylor_alyse
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: What's not awesome??
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Re: Birth control late

Unread post by taylor_alyse »

Hi ilovemattyhealy!

Have you seen this? http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... of_answers

I'd check it out, particularly the section "What is taking it on time and what isn't?", but you haven't lowered your effectiveness by taking it several hours later than usual. So essentially, not bad and no side effects.
However, you don't want to get in the habit of doing that as it then becomes easier to space them out by 12 hours, which as you will read then moves into the territory of a "late" pill (12-24 hours later than your usual time), and then it becomes easier to forget to take it all together-- not taking your pill for 24 hours is considered a "missed pill".

Is that what you were looking to know? Anything else we can answer?
Nothing happens in the "real" unless it first happens in the images in our heads -Gloria Anzaldúa
ilovemattyhealy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My ability to make people happy. :)
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Birth control late

Unread post by ilovemattyhealy »

Thank you so much!! Your reply really helped ease my mind. I won't get in the habit of taking it late. Thank you again. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic