UTI from oral?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
bikinksterboy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my willingness to try essentially anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: bisexual

UTI from oral?

Unread post by bikinksterboy »

I accidentally threw up a tiny bit right at the end when giving my (long time of 6 years, tested) partner (Trans F) oral sex, right before she came. She's very concerned and upset that I could have given her a UTI. What is the risk here and what should we do?
bikinksterboy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my willingness to try essentially anything
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: bisexual

Re: UTI from oral?

Unread post by bikinksterboy »

I really should have said something to her right away but I was very much in the moment. She spent the next few minutes continuing with me til I orgasmed and only told her about the vomit after. She's very upset and feels I prioritized my pleasure over her health. I definitely should have said something in the moment before she kept going but I didn't and I didn't fully process the potential ramifications until after. I feel horrible. Really a 2 part problem here. One is health the other emotional
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: UTI from oral?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Bikinksterboy

If your partner notices any symptoms, she can see a doctor- otherwise, she should be fine. I understand how you can just get caught up in the flow of things, and sometimes our bodies don't act the way we expect them to. Don't be too upset with yourself- apologize, and if something like this happens again, try to pause for a moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic