Hole elasticity

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
MariaSjohn
not a newbie
Primary language: Malayalam
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Hole elasticity

Unread post by MariaSjohn »

Am married 2 month back and we had regular sex. He went to abroad after 1 month. And still my vaginal opening is expanded more than before. Before marriage it is ok to insert one finger slowly. Now it become 2 finger size. Is it normal??? Is it never tight?? Am using a menstrual cup after my marrige. Is thats why it is still in that size? How can i get it back to tightened one???
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Hole elasticity

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi MariaSjohn

I want to start by saying that neither vaginal sex (which is what I assume you mean by "regular" sex) nor using a menstrual cup can permanently alter the shape or size of the vaginal canal. The vagina is a muscle; when you're tense, it tightens, when you're relaxed, it loosens. It doesn't stay one, single way. When nothing is inside the vagina, the walls of that muscular tube sit flat right on each other, and when something is inserted,it expands to fit whatever is inside it.

Too, how easy it is to insert fingers--or anything else--can vary depending on how aroused we are when we try or how much lube is present. So there's not a way to make a vaginal canal permanently "looser" or "tighter" because that's just not how that part of our body works. Does that make sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic