Itching after masturbation?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Xweetok
Awesomeness Quotient: swag
Primary language: english
Pronouns: dont care
Sexual identity: lesbian

Itching after masturbation?

Unread post by Xweetok »

I'm CAFAB intersex, which matters because I have a """typical""" vagina and ejaculate with it. Every time I can remember after I masturbate, the skin I ejaculate onto (mostly my palm) gets itchy and doesn't stop itching for at least half an hour afterwards. I also tend to do it in the shower, if that helps, but if I recall correctly it happens even if I do it outside of the shower/water flow. Is it possible to be allergic to your own gunk? What could it be otherwise?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Itching after masturbation?

Unread post by Heather »

You can't really be allergic to your own fluids (were it semen, the answer would be different, though that allergy is very rare), but you certainly can have sensitive skin/mucosa that might be reactive.

Do you find that your skin is sensitive or reactive to other things at all?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Xweetok

Unread post by Xweetok »

I'm slightly allergic to cats, but that's about it in the way of skin sensitivity, as far as I'm aware.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Huh! You've got me pretty stumped!

And what you're using to masturbate with in the shower, if there's anything extra (soap, an oil, etc.) doesn't feel irritating otherwise?

The only last thing I could think of was to try moisturizing your hands first and keeping them generally moisturized. The acidic nature of the fluids could make someone with very dry skin feel itchy.

Otherwise, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. This might be something where your next step is an allergy test, though you could also kinda-sorta test for that yourself by taking an OTC histamine blocker (like Benadryl or Zyrtec) well before you masturbate and seeing if anything's different while using those. If it's better, then yes, there may be some kind of allergy or sensitivity in the mix.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Xweetok

Unread post by Xweetok »

I don't tend to use anything other than my own fluid, though I know lube's a much better idea (don't have any!) but I'll give these a try and if any of them work - great - but if they don't I guess it'll be even more baffling?
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Seems like. I'll keep thinking on this, too. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic