Eliminating precum before putting condom on?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Lylecouse
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Very curious
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Male

Eliminating precum before putting condom on?

Unread post by Lylecouse »

Hii, i am very curious. On what he said the one who ask.

And i want to ask this, i had a protected sex, but before putting a condom i had pre-cum, so when i inserted my condom and idk if my finger does pre-cum on it. I just wore the condom and do my thing and eventually i didn't come, coz we stop for some reasons.. So my question is, will my girl be pregnant even we had protection?. Assuming that fingertips has precum when putting condoms?

My girl told me, i didnt come (cum) coz we stop so why worried. Should i let her takr morning after pill?

I am very worried, if the precum was on my fingertips and while putting condoms. Thanks you
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Eliminating precum before putting condom on?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Lylecouse,

I moved your question onto it's own thread since there's some additional things to address.

There isn't any risk in the scenario you're describing, since even if your fingers did have pre-ejaculate on them, if there was sperm present it wasn't going to survive being moved from place to place. So as long as the condom didn't break or come off, and you used it the entire time you had sex, you can assume it did what it was supposed to and you two are protected from pregnancy.

That being said, it's really up to your girlfriend whether or not she takes emergency contraception. It's not something you let her take or not, it's something she can choose to take depending on how comfortable she is with the risks of a given situation.
Lylecouse
not a newbie

Thanks sam, you really cleared my mind.

As i have mentioned, my girl didn't take any contraceptions, and my i just used condoms and didn't even cum on it nor did break. So, There's no risk of pregnancy? Right?.

I was looking for morning after pills, i am being delusional with this, because of the fingertips while wearing the condoms 😭.
Lylecouse
not a newbie

And last question

Is it ok to let her take morning after pills just to make sure?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

So, the morning after pill and emergency contraception are the same thing, which is why I talked about them that way. Again, whether or not to take them is up to her, since she's the one who would be dealing with a pregnancy if there had been a risk (which, in this case, there hasn't been).

From what you're describing, you used both withdrawal (pulling out before ejaculating) and a condom, which means you have two forms of protection against pregnancy. And, as I said, touching your condom with a hand that had maybe touched pre-ejaculate doesn't pose a risk. So, there's not a risk in this scenario.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic