How do anal when poo exists

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
bluespreadsheet
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artistic Talent
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: aromatic asexual

How do anal when poo exists

Unread post by bluespreadsheet »

I've tried looking up people discussing this on the website, but I haven't found any mentions of it!

So a lot of people talk about anal sex, or about putting things in their butt, and that's fine and all, but isn't there poop in there?? You wouldn't want your fingers touching it, you wouldn't want your toys touching it, and it doesn't sound safe to put your genitals near it! And even if you were to have protection, poop is uncomfortable, and you don't want that getting squished.

Do people just have to empty their buttholes every time they want to do anything anal related? How do they do that? Are these methods safe? I heard there was a pill people sometimes use that completely clears their immune system, but that really sounds like you shouldn't use that often and sounds like a lot of work for something I hear about frequently.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: How do anal when poo exists

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi crowcaw73,

So, the anus and rectum--the parts of the body that are used during anal sex-- aren't the bowel, where feces is stored. They're passages through which fecal matter passes. So, while there can be trace amounts of feces in there that's all that's there. And yes, some of those traces may sometimes show up on a condom/penis/fingers/toys when engaging in anal play, but plenty of times there's no trace at all. Some people are comfortable with that chance, others decide they'd rather use an enema prior to anal sex.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic