Pills for late periods

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
MariaSjohn
not a newbie
Primary language: Malayalam
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Pills for late periods

Unread post by MariaSjohn »

Hi,
Am on the way to my wedding day. But i expect my periods on that day. It was so uncomfortable for me. So i want to delay my periods on that month. Yet my period cycle is normal. So i want know about taking pills for delay my periods. Is there any side effects for that.. Is it change my period cycle.? When and how i have to take the pills?. Plz tell me every thing about it.. When it wants to stop? How to use? Etc....
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Pills for late periods

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi MariaSjohn,

I'm not entirely sure if you're taking the birth control pill or not, but if you are, then yes, you can delay your period if you skip the placebo week of the pill. Although, the best move here is to reach out to your healthcare provider before moving forward with any of this. I know this doesn't answer most of your questions, but I think the safest thing to do here is to reach out to your doctor or gynecologist and ask them for their professional opinion. I hope this helps!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic