Sexual Health Clinic Appointment

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
T!lly
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: N/A
Sexual identity: Hetrosexual

Sexual Health Clinic Appointment

Unread post by T!lly »

I'm not sexually active, but wanted to start to learn about safe sex, etc as these sorts of topics were never discussed at school.

Does any information from a sexual health clinic get shared with my GP? And, do clinics allow for appointments where I can discuss contraception and general sexual health concerns. Eg, how to use a condom, what to do when you think you have an infection, etc?

Any advice would be great. :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Sexual Health Clinic Appointment

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi T!lly,

I would actually direct that second question to the clinic you're planning to visit; some clinics are more than happy to use visits to educate clients, but others may want you to access the information elsewhere and use your visit for a check-up and any questions you have about your own sexual health needs. And generally speaking, people need your permission to share your healthcare information with someone else, but if both providers are part of the same overall system (like the NHS), then they may have the ability to share information if they're both involved in your care.

Too, you can find a lot of the information you're wanting to ask at that appointment here on Scarleteen. Here are a few pieces to get you started:
All the Barriers! All the Time!, https://www.scarleteen.com/search/googl ... 0infection
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic