Ulcers after oral sex

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
JohannaKim
Awesomeness Quotient: My listening skills
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Polysexual

Ulcers after oral sex

Unread post by JohannaKim »

So I have been having issues, after giving my partner blow jobs, I am getting canker sores on the insides of my upper lip. Sometimes we use lube, and sometimes not. It seems to be getting worse recently. Anyone have experiences with this?

Side note: I don't have any known allergies. Also my partner and I are monogamous and we both tested for STI's before we got involved.
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Ulcers after oral sex

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi JohannaKim and welcome to Scarleteen’s boards!

From the background you have provided, it sounds like the chances of STIs are low. Canker sores can happen due to many different things, I know when I used to get them it was brought on by stress but also things like hormonal changes, trauma to the inside of the mouth, or diet can affect them. Since you mentioned that it has been getting worse, would you be open to going to see a doctor about it because they could provide more specialized advice, treatment plans for you, and testing if they think it is necessary?
JohannaKim
Awesomeness Quotient: My listening skills
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Polysexual

Re: Ulcers after oral sex

Unread post by JohannaKim »

Yes, I would definitely be open to it. I was just hoping to find if anyone had had a similar experience, or if this is a bit of an outlier in this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic