I need help?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
CasWasHere
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual identity: Queer

I need help?

Unread post by CasWasHere »

There was discharge from nipple, it was white. I didn’t touch my nipple, I didn’t stimulate it, I was just leaking. Obviously, Im not pregnant as I am 14, should I tell my guardian? Im not sure what to do.
CasWasHere
not a newbie

Re: I need help?

Im also not on any kind of medication, this was completely random, was taking off my shirt, felt something wet, so I look down. I already have a suspected tumor(lump on head), but Im not seeing a neurologist until July. Should I go sooner?
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Hey CasWasHere!

While scary, nipple discharge isn't uncommon and doesn't automatically mean anything bad! However, I would definitely recommend telling your guardian and maybe booking an appointment with your primary doctor, especially with your medical concerns.
CasWasHere
not a newbie

I might, Im just going through it for real 😔. Anything that can go wrong, has gone wrong. Neurological issue, check. Possible endometriosis, check. Thinking about it now, probably not a big deal, but I panicked. Im not a medical expert, but that was something I could immediately be like “that’s not normal”. This has never happened to me before, and it was even more weird that it was so unprompted. I have heard of it happening to people who stimulate that area, even if not pregnant, but never just for no reason. Google wasn’t giving me a straight answer. Since Im not having any other symptoms, I think Im fine, just got a little scared there, sorry. Thanks for responding.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi CasWasHere,

Ooof, if you've been having a run of health issues, I can see why noticing something unfamiliar going on with your breast would lead you straight to "great, something else is going wrong!" Since it's gone away and you're not noticing other symptoms, I agree that it's unlikely to be anything to be worried about (often times nipple discharge is just due to clogged follicles). But if you're getting a check up sometime soon for other issues, it can't hurt to mention it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic