Pregnant from fingering and taking Plan B?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Brian
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him

Pregnant from fingering and taking Plan B?

Unread post by Brian »

Hello. This is my first post here as the sources I’ve looked at hasn’t eased my stress.

My gf and I were making out and when things were getting hot, she got down and began to give me a blowjob. Once in awhile i adjusted my penis and it felt moist to the touch.

After awhile, she wanted me to finger her and I wiped my hand i used to touch my penis on her clothes before doing that. I’m worried that there was possible pre on my fingers. I wiped it on her cloth as well as, there was a 2-4 minute break as her parents were home at the time and we were being cautious. The deed lasted five minutes and I panicked. She got really worried for me as well and tried to reassure me that she won’t get pregnant.

She’s ovulating soon as her predicted day is on the 16th of this month, but I’m worried she ovulated already. The next day i bought her Plan B and she took it early in the morning around 7 AM. I know the odds are so low of pre getting her pregnant, and I don’t even know if the pre on my fingers were still even alive once i began to finger her.

But I’m so stressed and i wasn’t able to sleep well because I’m honestly scared LOL. I feel like im overreacting but I want some reassurance. With the situation i laid out, can she get pregnant. And if possible, can i have a percentage?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnant from fingering and taking Plan B?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Brian,

There is not a risk of pregnancy in this scenario. Sperm are fragile and need specific conditions in order to potentially co-create a pregnancy, and they just aren't going to survive the transfer from penis to hand to vagina, let alone if there are more stops along the way or if you wiped your hands in the interim.

So you know for the future, unless she's tracking her cycle using things like body temperature and cervical mucous, her sense of where she is in her cycle is unlikely to be all the accurate. But you two should also be aware that taking Plan B can make someone's cycle a bit irregular after they take it. I'm telling you this because if she is tracking her cycle accurately, her period might not arrive when she's expecting it to this time.
Brian

Unread post by Brian »

Ah yes I understand. We kind of both know there could be a little to no chance, but we both have severe anxiety and we took Plan B just as reassurance and for the astronomically low chance it could. Thank you so much
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're very welcome!

You know, if you're both having a lot of anxiety around this, then it would be sound to take a step back from sexual activity and only do sexual things where you both feel completely informed on what the risks actually are and comfortable with with the level of risk involved.
Brian

Unread post by Brian »

Wait if she could’ve ovulated already, does that mean there’s still a chance? DESPITE the odds?
KierC
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by KierC »

Hi there Brian,

As Sam said, there is no risk of pregnancy here.

We can’t speculate on what would happen “despite the odds,” and I do think that sort of speculation is an anxiety-inducing process and not productive when we can look clearly at the facts: indirect contact with pre-cum does not pose a risk to pregnancy.

Too, I would be remiss not to reiterate what Sam said: that this activity in particular seems to pose a great source of anxiety for you — if you are feeling this much stress about this sexual activity despite reassurances, it may be best to take a step back and pursue activities where you and your partner are aware of and comfortable with the risks. How does that sound?

On a last note, I will say that if your partner is telling you that she is not concerned about pregnancy, and there indeed is no risk, I would not make your partner take Plan B to manage your anxiety. Does that make sense?
Brian

Unread post by Brian »

Yeah i understand. We had a very long conversation about how we’ll settle ourselves if we’re going to more stuff like this. We will be taking a break from things so when we do play around or do actual sex, we’re prepared and able to handle it well
KierC
Awesomeness Quotient: I can and will reupholster anything
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by KierC »

Hi Brian,

I’m really glad to hear that! Too, if it helps for the future, we have a resource here that goes through all different sexual activities and the associated risks. :)

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic