Taking care of bruises

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
catadora_m
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer, pansexual

Taking care of bruises

Unread post by catadora_m »

So first I just wanted to make it super clear that this is not an abusive relationship and instead is more of a masochism thing. My boyfriend is super super respectful of my boundaries and if I tell him something is too much he stops immediately. Anyway, when he and I make out/finger/etc., I always end up with pretty large hickeys on my breasts, sometimes to the point of black and blue, and really erect/sensitive nipples. This is a lot of fun during the time, and we both enjoy seeing the marks afterwards, but I’m just wondering how to care for large bruises and nipples and stuff because they do hurt afterwards. I’d like to find a way to be able to continue doing this while also caring for my body.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Taking care of bruises

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi catadora_m,

The general recommendation is to treat hickeys the way you would another bruise, and do things like icing them or applying arnica to the area to help the bruise fade. In terms of caring for sore nipples, the main thing you can do is try and keep them from getting irritated as they recover; so, that means avoiding clothing or activities that might chafe or irritate them.
Lydia0001
not a newbie
Pronouns: she

Re: Taking care of bruises

Unread post by Lydia0001 »

You can try applying ice and then heat, massaging the affected area. This helps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic