How to stop masturbation?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
thomgoh
not a newbie

How to stop masturbation?

Unread post by thomgoh »

I have decided to stop masturbating for religious and personal reasons, but I don't know how to do it easily. Do you have any tips to successfully stop masturbation?
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: How to stop masturbation?

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hey thomgoh,

If you no longer wish to masturbate I think it is something you should take up with a leader you trust in your religious community. If talking about your personal sexual behaviors is too uncomfortable try having a conversation about sexuality in general.

Before taking that step, I would encourage to continue to explore why you do not want to masturbate. All sexual activity should be a choice, masturbation included. If it is a choice that you aren't comfortable with, for whatever reason, then you most definitely shouldn't engage. But I'm going to assume that you like it since you are looking for tips on stopping. I'm assuming that it is something that feels amazing to you in the moment. I'm also assuming that you are feeling some type of guilt, shame, etc. afterwards which isn't fair nor the way anyone wants to feel after a sexual experience. Unfortunately, that is normal for a lot of folks, even when it is not about their religion.

In general, there isn't anything wrong with masturbating. As long as you are being safe and sanitary, it poses no risk. In fact, it results in some pretty great outcomes...reducing stress included! I could go on and on about why masturbating is okay. If you like more info there are several articles you can find on the main site. Here is a good place to start (it addresses religion :) )

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/gende ... n_okay_yep

Let me know if you want to discuss it further :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic