Spotting in between periods.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Fender909
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My passion for music.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: None preferred
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Spotting in between periods.

Unread post by Fender909 »

I know I've been posting a lot on the boards, but I feel like I need information that I won't get anywhere else but here. Still awaiting my gynecologist appointment on the 3rd.

My periods are very unpredictable sometimes. I really never know if I should expect them in the upcoming month or not. Sometimes it'll come three months in a row, other times it'll come every-other-month for four months in a row.

So, my last period started on Nov. 3rd and ended around Nov. 10th, with some spotting in the days after. This was the second month in a row I had one. If my period ends up showing next month, I would expect it around the 7th.

But out of nowhere, (I've never experienced spotting in the middle of my cycle before) yesterday, the 23rd, I start spotting. It's not showing up in my underwear, mainly only when I wipe. At first, it was just a little red speck that I noticed, but when I began to wipe more, it was bright red, with small reddish/brown clots, a little bigger than the size of an ant, mixed with my discharge. After I'm done using the toilet I notice several of those little clots in the toilet, as well. They're very distinctly red.

It's kind of freaking me out that I've never experienced this before, especially since I'm having anxiety about an irrational pregnancy fear right now as well.

My stepmom said it could be a yeast infection (since my boyfriend touched food before fingering me), but as far as I can notice, I'm not having any other symptoms of one. My discharge isn't chunky or smelly or a weird color (besides the blood making it red), it doesn't burn when I pee, my vulva isn't sore or itchy.

I have been sick these past few days. I haven't been eating very well, I've been depressed, stressed and just in a bad state in general. Could these cause my spotting? If so, why?

What else could be causing my spotting? What should I do if it increases into a heavy, period-like flow?

Thank you so much for your time.