Happy Pride Month!!!

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
thewrit3r
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty smart
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Happy Pride Month!!!

Unread post by thewrit3r »

Happy Pride Month to everyone!

I just came out online and I’m feeling some mixed feelings - anxiety, nervousness, just generally unsure of how I identify - but I’m relieved I allowed myself to be honest and so thankful that my friends have been nothing but supportive.

No matter where you are on your journey please know that you are loved for the beautiful person you are ❤️
"The writer is by nature a dreamer - a conscious dreamer."
-Carson McCullers
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Happy Pride Month!!!

Unread post by Heather »

Happy Pride to you, too! If you need some extra support around that coming out (mazel tov!), I'm happy to give it. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
thewrit3r
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty smart
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by thewrit3r »

Thanks, Heather! I am feeling a lot better about letting it out. My biggest anxiety was that I felt like I couldn’t “make” up my mind in my sexuality but as you and several others have pointed, sexuality can be fluid and if I don’t have a strict term for mine that’s okay. I’m getting okay with my sexual fluidity and it’s actually making me really happy, simply learning to accept myself for who I am :)
"The writer is by nature a dreamer - a conscious dreamer."
-Carson McCullers
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

That just made me sniffle! <3 . I'm so, so glad to hear that.

Personally, about 15 years ago I had one very major shift in the course of my lifetime: I've always had a very wide sphere of attraction that included just about everybody, but for no discernible reason I just stopped being attracted to cis men at all and was only primarily feeling attraction to women and NB folks. Even knowing, because of the work I do, that sexuality is fluid, it was still pretty challenging -- very much including socially and in my community! --for me during those years, especially at the start and end of them. And I was in my 30s! So I understand that even though it really shouldn't be a thing, it can certainly feel like one. <3
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic