Girls, what should I do, help!?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Spartan15
Awesomeness Quotient: Athletics
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Hetero

Girls, what should I do, help!?

Unread post by Spartan15 »

I'm 15 and my sis is 17. We've always been rivals with a lot of stuff. We don't get along that great. Last night, I was in her room and she's lime, "Look, I'm taller than u, little bro." And I looked right at her and said, "No ur not Sheryl." I looked down on her, eye to eye. She measures with her hand, eye to eye and says, "yep. Look. I'm 5'7. Taller than u are." I yelled she wasnt, and then for us to go downstairs and have dad measure us. I said to bet 10 bucks on it. She agreed. He had us stand back to back. I felt right away my booty was MUCH lower than hers, and got worried cuz of her damn long legs, awgh. Then our heads touched back and mine was so much lower than hers and I went, "ugggh!" Out loud. She smiled and laughed and asked me if I wanted to give up and I said no!!! Well dad measured, then said..."it looks about even, but I've got a winner, and....Sheryl is taller!" She asked if he was sure and he said yep, no doubt about it! She smiled big at me and I was pissed, so I said let's get measured against the wall. I had an idea. She agreed. I went first and I arched my feet, knowing her legs are LONG! Remembering the moment our tushes touched and how much lower mine was than hers worried tf outta me, ugh! He measured me, marked it. Then she went, he measured. Marked it. Then he says, "Ohhh, he IS taller than you!" She goes "Noooo!" I was like, "ugh, now pay up!" She did. But now I'm worried! What should I do? Admit what I did? Pay her back? Or not say anything? She's at LEAST 2 inches taller than I am, ugh damnit!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Girls, what should I do, help!?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Spartan15,

Honestly, the simplest thing would be to give her the money back and admit what happened. That may feel like a bit of a blow to your ego right now, but being the bigger person is usually the right call (especially because it means you don't have to keep worrying about her finding out or about what to do).

It may also be worth asking yourself why the question of height became so urgent to you, and why the idea of her being a few inches taller is upsetting to you? Is it because this is part of a bigger pattern in interactions between you two? Something else?
Dreampuff
Awesomeness Quotient: I smile a lot.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Girls, what should I do, help!?

Unread post by Dreampuff »

Honesty is always the best policy. There's no shame to coming clean. you can joke with her about it and I'm sure she'll understand, especially if she gets her money back.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic