relationships and feelings

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
avaiara
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

relationships and feelings

Unread post by avaiara »

hi,

so i’ve been in a semi on and off relationship for almost two years now.
we’ve had bumps in the road, but there’s no doubt we have love for eachother. he was my first love, i was his. we both lost our virginity to the other.
lately, though, i’ve been feeling almost unhappy? unfulfilled? i don’t know how to describe it, almost like i’m ready to end this chapter of my life i guess.
i think i might be beginning to like someone else, but i can’t tell. i love my boyfriend very much but i just don’t think i’m feeling as happy as i was in the beginning of this relationship and i don’t know what to do.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Re: relationships and feelings

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi avaira,

It's completely normal to find that your first serious relationship, even if was a relationship that made you really happy and was filled with a lot of love, has reached it's end. That doesn't mean the relationship wasn't important or good, it just means that one (or both) people involved are at a stage in their life where they're ready to move on. It sounds like you're feeling like your relationship with him has hit that point, and that's bringing up some conflicting feelings for you.

A helpful next step might be to take a look at these two articles. Reading them, do you notice any parts that feel like they apply to your relationship or how you're feeling about it? : Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Potholes & Dead Ends: Relationship Roadblocks to Look Out For
avaiara
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Sexual identity: bisexual

Unread post by avaiara »

i can’t say that those articles really relate to what i’m feeling (though they did help a bit, so thank you :) )
i think it’s partly because i’m just not feeling as happy as i was before, you know? not that anything necessarily went wrong, i’m just feeling like the romantic aspect of this relationship is coming to an end (on my side, at least).
i also think i like someone else and that doesn’t really help with my situation, either. i’m in a very confusing spot right now but i’ll look over those articles again and see if i can get more advice out of it.
thanks again, i appreciate it
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Hi avaiara,
i’m just feeling like the romantic aspect of this relationship is coming to an end
So much of a relationship is about how we think and feel about the relationship and the other person involved, so that feeling of being "done" is a legitimate reason for calling it to a close, there doesn't need to be a big conflict or other cause.

I saw you started another thread where you talked about being just out of a breakup, did you end it with your boyfriend? How are you doing now? We have an article here about breakups if you find it helpful. Getting Through a Breakup Without Actually Breaking
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic