Heart Break

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
_boople_snoot_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pansexual; Polyamorous

Heart Break

Unread post by _boople_snoot_ »

I'm SO sorry, this is really long...

In November of 2016, the girl I loved (Harmony) was starting to show interest in me. I was extremely happy. We were flirting and acting as if we were in a relationship (it was officially unofficial) and after 2 weeks past, one of our friends brought up she had made out with "Thaddias" at a party. I cried right there in school. As it turned out, she had gotten back together with her Ex-Boyfriend, completely disregarding what we had. She said she couldn't break up with him because he was extremely suicidal and she wanted to choose me. I believed her and understood. I was still hurt, but we went on acting like we had been; flirting and kissing.(Her bf was home schooled) It went on like that until March 3rd.
Our school had a Valentines dance (In March :?: ) Since January, Harmony had been asking for me to go with her, as a date. I said no every time because it felt wrong knowing she had a boyfriend. But 2 days before the dance, I asked her if she wanted to go with me. She said yes and was super happy. I met her there and we had the most amazing night. We slow danced, and as I was falling more in love, I was convinced things would work out. *Spoiler Alert* it didn't :cry: .
When I got home I was happy, but somehow ended up in a conversation with one of my friends, with her telling me Harmony never really liked me and I was just hearing what I wanted to hear. I took screen shots of it and sent it to Harmony asking if it was true. She denied it. But she admitted that she was falling out of love. She mentioned after a convo with Thad, she had chosen him. I was heart broken and cried for days. I agreed to remain friends, even though it hurt me just to look at her.
It's July and I have still cried everyday. I am in love with her. But she's happy so I guess that's all that matters. I am heart broken. The problem with that is, I have a girlfriend now. She has no idea about Harmony or how deeply I'm in love with her. Do you have any idea how to get over something like that. I need to move on. :cry:
Closets are for clothes :D
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Heart Break

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi aaron,

It sounds like the maybe/maybe no dynamic of your relationship with Harmony was really hard on you. That's totally understandable, given that you felt strongly for her, and it can majorly suck to have those rough feelings hang around for so long. I'd take a look at this article, as it has a lot of suggestions for how to get over a break-up: Getting Through a Breakup Without Actually Breaking

If you're still harboring strong feelings for Harmony, can I ask why you started a relationship with your girlfriend? And do you enjoy the relationship that you and your girlfriend have?
_boople_snoot_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pansexual; Polyamorous

Unread post by _boople_snoot_ »

Sam W wrote:Hi Aaron,

It sounds like the maybe/maybe no dynamic of your relationship with Harmony was really hard on you. That's totally understandable, given that you felt strongly for her, and it can majorly suck to have those rough feelings hang around for so long. I'd take a look at this article, as it has a lot of suggestions for how to get over a break-up: Getting Through a Breakup Without Actually Breaking

If you're still harboring strong feelings for Harmony, can I ask why you started a relationship with your girlfriend? And do you enjoy the relationship that you and your girlfriend have?
She liked me. I liked her. I was hoping I would get over Harmony and fall in love with her. :?: :(
Closets are for clothes :D
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Do you feel like your feelings for Harmony are getting in the way of your current relationship?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic