Unknown STD

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
mrlubaluba
Pronouns: No preference
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unknown STD

Unread post by mrlubaluba »

Hello. I am in Africa with work. In January I had unprotected sex with a girl in Africa whilst drunk. My urethra felt inflamed a few days later so I went to the doctor and had a shot of penicillin into the buttocks and a course of oral doxcycline for a week to get rid of any STDs. However, it continued to burn after I urinated or ejaculated. I then decided this could be trich and took a course of flagyl (500mg a day 2x a day for 8 days). This also wasn't the issue as the problem persisted. I was tested for all the usual culprits (hep B, hep C, HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphylis and a genral urine bacterial test) and they all came back negative EXCEPT the urine test which showed I had some kind of infection.

I had to go to another country here in Africa for a week with work and I was checked there too. I got tested for the same list of STDs above. They all came back negative too. The doctor deduced that I had a urinary tract infection and gave me an IV injection of a common, broad spectrum antibiotic and a weeks supply of the same medicine (the name escapes me) to be taken orally 3x a day. I didn't drink alcohol during any medication.

The problem is not only is the infection STILL with me, it has got worse and it is now uncomfortable all the time and has even started to make my testicle ache. I do not get back to my home country for a few weeks yet and the medical services here are sub-par as I have already been to the best private clinic in the country three times. Do you have any idea what I may have?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Unknown STD

Unread post by Karyn »

I've responded to your post in Ask Us. Please don't double post: it's against the guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the boards.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Locked Previous topicNext topic