Possible injury?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
celica2003
not a newbie
Primary language: American English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Possible injury?

Unread post by celica2003 »

Dear Scarleteen,

Two nights ago my fiance was fingering me (I'm so sorry for the TMI). I think he got carried away because he did it a lot harder than he ever has. To begin with, everything was fine but in a split second what he was doing went from feeling good to very painful. I told him to stop and he stopped immediately, horrified he might have hurt me. When he turned the lights on, his fingers were covered in blood. The bleeding was pretty heavy (like a moderate period) and I had bled through a spot on his sheets. I have been on birth control pills for a year and am a perfect pill user. I still have another week of active pills before my withdrawal bleed starts so I know that that was not what this was. I have also had breakthrough bleeding occasionally on the pill but it was nothing like this. As far as I could tell, I don't think my fiance scratched me in any way. I am curious if he accidentally bumped my cervix maybe and hurt it? Is it possible to bump someone's cervix and make it bleed? (The bleeding stopped later that night and is completely gone today.) I scheduled an appointment with my regular doctor but the soonest appointment I could get was several weeks away. I am not in any pain anymore and I don't think the injury was serious but I am curious if someone was to put too much force on a cervix/vaginal walls if it could cause spontaneous bleeding somehow if the activity was too rough? Any answers would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Possible injury?

Unread post by Mo »

A sharp fingernail (or even a callus on a hand or finger) can cause tiny abrasions in delicate genital tissue, so even though you couldn't see a cut at all, it's possible that this is what happened. Bumping someone's cervix isn't likely to cause bleeding on its own. If you're no longer in pain or bleeding, I don't think this is a huge cause for concern, but you may want to wait another couple of days before any more sexual activity.

In the future, using a little more lube and/or some latex gloves will help prevent this from happening again. Gloves really are great as they eliminate the need to check a partner's fingernails carefully before sex!
celica2003
not a newbie
Primary language: American English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Re: Possible injury?

Unread post by celica2003 »

Ok thank you so much for the advice! We just weren't sure exactly what happened and were curious how to avoid it from happening again. Thanks again for your help!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic