Painful Masturbation

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
PunkThottie
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm literally the coolest
Primary language: English (US)
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: bisexual nonbinary trans girl

Painful Masturbation

Unread post by PunkThottie »

So, just ought to say, I'm not new to masturbating. I've been doing it for a few years, and I really enjoy it. Recently, however, I've been having a lot of pain. For the past few weeks, when I masturbate, the skin just below my glans, and even the tissue of the glans itself, will tear, and sometimes the frenulum will be stretched and painful. I'll be left with painful scrape or blister-like sores on my penis, and they are really sensitive to friction or touch. They take a while to heal, and the entire time they are there, masturbation is very painful. If any of you can, please tell me how to prevent this.

-ThisIsAwkward
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Painful Masturbation

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, ThisIsAwkward. Welcome to Scarleteen. :)

Can I ask if you are up to date with you sexual healthcare, such as testing? If not, this could be a good chance to start. Is very hard for us to answer questions like this one through a service like this. First thing that comes to my mind is to make sure you are using enough lubrication? But, honestly the best move when something in our bodies is bothering us, is to check in with a health care provider in person.

Do you have access to these services, or would you like any help to get connected with some?
PunkThottie
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm literally the coolest
Primary language: English (US)
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: bisexual nonbinary trans girl

Unread post by PunkThottie »

I do have a healthcare provider, but I don't know if the clinic in my town does much sexual health stuff. I haven't had any prior sexual-related tests or visits, other than talking about anxiety. It's kind of awkward to get to the clinic, since I'm 14 and live too far away to walk to a clinic, so I'd have to ask my parents to help me set up an appointment, and I just find that really hard to do.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Is there any sort of public transportation you could take to the clinic, like a bus? If you need your parents to help with the appointment, you don't have to go into all the details about why you need to go. You could simply mention there are things you want to talk to a doctor about, or feel like you're due for a check-up.

In the meantime, if you have sores or tears, I would suggest refraining from masturbating until they've healed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic