Iud marina

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Haley
Awesomeness Quotient: Personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Iud marina

Unread post by Haley »

Okay so I’ve had an iud sense January 3 of this year and here recently I had stop the long lasting bleeding that come with getting an iud but now I think this is the time I would normally start my period Bc I’m very bloated, and my face is breaking out which all those symptoms usually start happend about a week in advance but now on top of all that my nipples are sore, is that because of my iud or what?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Iud marina

Unread post by Heather »

The thing about IUDs and the spotting they can cause is that that's separate from your period. So, it's not like because you've had that, that counts as your period.

From the sounds of things, it sounds like now you're getting your period and the symptoms that usually go with it (which will often stay that same with an IUD, since an IUD doesn't change your fertility or menstrual cycle as part of how it works). However, you may or may not have flow or the same level of flow you're used to because that spotting can be coming from the uterine lining that builds up in a cycle and is what you shed with your period.

Ultimately, you're just going to have to see over the next few months how this all pans out for you.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic