What is this blood?!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Ruru
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Genderfluid

What is this blood?!

Unread post by Ruru »

First of all... This is not a pregnancy scare question!! I do have pregnancy scares even though I never had intercouse or any kind of sex (only manual, and over clothes) and after finding a series of comments between one of you and another person that had a similar problem.. I got calmed down a bit..

So, here's the problem... Two days ago, six days before my period, I woke up and went to the bathroom... To find spotting on my panties, because I have pregnancy fear, I immediately thought it was implantation blood, and well panicked... But then my logic came out.. I'm not sexually active.. That can't be possible... And I researched... There is only one option that seem logical.. "Stress" I don't feel really stressed though.. I only feel kinda irritated, and have somewhat sore boobs (PMS?) Only when I squish them though... My cervix feels "hard"ish, midway open/close (like it would at this time, low and tilted to my rectum, so I guess its OK (manual checking eases my pregnancy fear)
So... What caused this damn blood?
One theory I have is that it is old period blood that my uterus/crvix decided to spit out during my sleep.
Also, today I masturbated (rubbing) and more brown discharge came out which is normal, I came to the conclusion that the masturbation one is old period blood... I'm supposed to have my period the ninth...
So... What??
What is the reason for this blood??
Other info: I'm 16, 154cm and 55kg, I am a virgin, I masturbate but mostly rubbing, cervix is low, kinda hard, and midway close/open, my cycle is 27-28 days long (it moves around) and I am having few cramps which is kinda normal
Thanks in advance! Love the page by the way!!
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Re: What is this blood?!

Unread post by Onionpie »

Hi Ruru. Spotting and other irregularities with menstruation is extremely common within the first few years of menstruation. Even after years of menstruating, spotting every once in a while does happen and is not necessarily cause for alarm. It can also be caused by a variety of factors including stress, yes. So it'd be impossible for us to be able to put our finger on one exact cause, but since you're close to your period it's likely just some spotting leading up to that. If you continue to be concerned about it, though, you can also always talk to your doctor!
Ruru
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Genderfluid

Unread post by Ruru »

Well, thanks! But still, Is it normal to just spot one night? I've haven't had any more since then and I'm kinda worried, I also heard that it is normal in the first few years in a woman's life to randomly spot, but my menstruation started when I was about... 12 maybe 11..., and what are other reasons for this to happen? Besides implantation (I'm a virgin), anti conceptives (I dont use any) ?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It's not unusual to spot one night, nope. It's also possible that your period is going to start a bit earlier than expected; even if you have a pretty regular cycle it's common to sometimes get it a bit earlier or later than you would expect based on your average cycle length. Even if that premenstrual spotting is more common for younger folks/people just starting to menstruate, it's not actively unusual for folks who menstruate at any age, if that makes sense. I don't see a reason to think it's anything other than pretty standard spotting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic