This may be a stupid question, but...

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Blueswan
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My curiosity
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Pan/fluid

This may be a stupid question, but...

Unread post by Blueswan »

How do you come out to a potential partner as pan/sexually fluid and are there any prejudices I should know about? I can see a lot of problems arising if like me you aren't a stable thing. I haven't delt with this much, but I would like to know in advance.

Thanks!
Blueswan
Catherwren
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My fondness of music
Pronouns: She/her they/them
Sexual identity: Gay

Re: This may be a stupid question, but...

Unread post by Catherwren »

I don't have any experience with this, but I think if someone's going to be upset if you came out as pan/sexually fluid, they might not be the best person to go out with.
Blueswan
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My curiosity
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Pan/fluid

Unread post by Blueswan »

True enough. I've just never come across (knowingly?) someone like me, irl or online, and just want to go into the world with as much information as I can get. So is there a place I can look?
Blueswan
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Well, you're certainly welcome to ask some of us right here who have lived experience with this if you like: speaking for myself, this has been my story for the whole 30+ years of my sexual life, and I'm happy to answer questions.

You might also find this report -- https://bisexualresearch.wordpress.com/ ... ityreport/ -- helpful, as well as a book by one of its authors: http://rewriting-the-rules.com/

Too, bear in mind that all of the sexuality and relationship advice and information we give on the site in our articles is intended for a sexually diverse readership, including with orientations, and is more often authored by someone queer (and more often an author in the pan/bi spectrum of things) than someone straight. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic