Stretchy brown discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
really worried
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Stretchy brown discharge

Unread post by really worried »

Hey.

My last period was from 7th-10th march. On 26th and 27th march I had clear discharge of egg white consistency which usually happens every month. Since 2 days ie 1st April I have been having stretchy brownish discharge along with regular brownish discharge/spotting. Not too much but it's there.

Is this a cause for concern. What could be causing it. I have pcod but my cycle has been regular since many months and this brown discharge isn't something common for me.
really worried
not a newbie

Re: Stretchy brown discharge

The amount of discharge is fluctuating. For a while there wasn't any. Now it's a little more. Watery brown and some of it stretchy brown.
really worried
not a newbie

The amount of discharge is fluctuating. For a while there wasn't any. Now it's a little more. Watery brown and some of it stretchy brown.
Stephanie
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: Social Butterfly :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Stephanie »

Remember most cycles are 28 days when regular - because March has 31 days it's likely the start of your monthly bleed's discharge, which can often have a brownish tint as your body gets rid of old blood. If you're concerned you should talk to your doctor.
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
really worried
not a newbie

It doesn't feel like the start of my cycle.
Last edited by really worried on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
really worried
not a newbie

It definitely isn't the beginning of a cycle because I spot every month for a day before actual bleeding starts. It has been 3 days since this is happening on and off. Plus I haven't felt any of the physical signs that always start 3-4 days before my periods like breast sensitivity and cramps.
Could there be another reason that could be causing this after ovulation and about a week before my period is due. I haven't has sex in a while. But I tend to be unseasonably worried about getting pregnant. I'm ruling out that crazy fear because the last time I was close to sperm was in December and I've had periods since then. Pregnancy plus periods doesn't happen right. So I'm trying not to think about that.
Just concerned about what could be causing this.
Stephanie
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: Social Butterfly :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Stephanie »

Sometimes infections can also cause this, but it's not uncommon around periods (even a week before) to sometimes have brown discharge. If you're worried though it won't hurt to touch base with your doctor. Remember too, sometimes our bodies will react differently once in a while.
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic