HELP! Mixed Signals.

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
LOONA
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes and outgoingness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She and her
Sexual identity: Bi

HELP! Mixed Signals.

Unread post by LOONA »

So, there is this guy and he and I have been hanging out some lately and I think I like him. One day, while we were together alone, he la yes his head on my lap. He then put his arm around me and his hand in my sweatshirt pocket. But a week later when I was flirt texting with him, he told me that he couldn't "reciprocate" my feelings! From then on I also have been ignored! What happened? Ihad had it in my brain that HE made the first move and I was merely adding on to that!? Can any one help?
- Always there if you need it
Loona
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: HELP! Mixed Signals.

Unread post by Heather »

Ultimately, neither you nor we can know his deal unless we ask him.

But it seems pretty clear he may have just been feeling things out with you, but decided not to pursue anything further. That'll happen with people sometimes.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
LOONA
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes and outgoingness
Pronouns: She and her
Sexual identity: Bi

Unread post by LOONA »

I wanted to ask, but he's been ignoring me. It's frustrating because he has been in town and I've seen him a couple times.
- Always there if you need it
Loona
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Loona,

I have to agree with Heather that he has been pretty clear in saying that he doesn't want to go any further. That can be hard to deal with especially when you might have been hoping for something else. I can't say why he is ignoring you, but it seems to me that this is something that he doesn't want to talk about. You might not get an answer and that is okay :( With that in mind, also consider what you are hoping for by talking to him and why knowing would be important. It's okay that you are feeling frustrated, but I would recommend not pushing for answers and trying to accept that it just didn't work out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic