Bisexual/poly/pan?!

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
confusedqueer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love my hair!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual/confused

Bisexual/poly/pan?!

Unread post by confusedqueer »

So... My best friend recently came out to me as bisexual, and it was really the first time j had heard about that, and I started learning about the different sexual orientations and identities. About a month ago, I started thinking that I was also bi. I am trying to understand it and be sure of it. I want to tell my best friend, but a) I'm not completely sure of what I am and b) I started realizing I want straight when I realized I was attracted to her (lesbian) sister. I also don't know how to figure out if i am bi, poly, or pan. Help!?!
themorgie17
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: Bisexual/poly/pan?!

Unread post by themorgie17 »

Hi! I'm pansexual and I think I went through the same thing as you. When I was in 8th grade I discovered that I was bisexual, but then when I went to high school I started doing more research about sexualities and gender and found that the description of pansexual fit me better. The difference between the two labels is pretty much up to you. I've found that it's easier to come out to people as bi because they're familiar with the term, and then later on explain pansexual if they were accepting. Good luck and if you need any more advice I'm here :)
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Bisexual/poly/pan?!

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi confusedqueer,

I think what themorgie17 post points out that all of this is a process! There is no rush nor is it necessary for you to commit to a label about your sexuality. Honestly, as with the majority if not all of us, identity (including sexual orientation) is something that we spend our entire lives sorting through. Continuing to explore what feels right for you is the best thing you can do for yourself. If you want to discuss your identity with your friend I think what you have said already is perfectly fine. "I'm not completely sure but I have been feeling and noticing blah blah blah."

More information can certainly be helpful if you are feeling like sexual orientations/ identities is new for you so I have included a few links from the main site:

The Rainbow Connection:Orientation for Everyone
The Bees and...the Bees

Check them out and check back in with us!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic