when your mom finds your "Things"

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
anomalocaris
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i love bugs & spiders :3
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: lesbian

when your mom finds your "Things"

Unread post by anomalocaris »

hii i'm 16 and i just bought my first toy online. it's discreet and disguised as a makeup brush ("the velvet brush" brand) but i'm still hiding it in my dresser with some unopened makeup products just in case. basically im just wondering what to do if my mom finds it and asks about it? she's cool with sexuality but she doesn't know i'm doing anything sexual yet. she doesn't usually go through my stuff but we clean out my whole dresser around once a year so i want to be prepared

i've done a lot of reading and planning before buying it and i have a plan for cleaning it/using it safely/etc, but if anyone has anything to say about that then that would be helpful too!! thank you
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: when your mom finds your "Things"

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Anomalocaris, welcome to the boards!

One option is to be honest. You don't have anything to be ashamed of, because it is okay for you to have a sex toy. It might be a bit awkward, but since your mother is cool with sexuality, there shouldn't be any negative consequences.

Even though she doesn't know that you're doing anything sexual yet, it may not be surprising or unexpected to her. You are 16 years old, and it is fairly usual for people to explore sex at your age. In fact, if she does notice the toy, she may not press you on it.

As for other things that I could say... Silicone toys can be cleaned with warm water and soap, but check the manufacturer's note on cleaning the toy to see if they have any special instructions. Don't use silicone lube with this toy.
anomalocaris
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i love bugs & spiders :3
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: lesbian

Re: when your mom finds your "Things"

Unread post by anomalocaris »

thank you!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic